Sunday, July 28, 2013

Game Night Guys Corn Casserole

This week's recipe comes to us from Brian Gregory of the Game Night Guys podcast. His version of this corn casserole is so popular, he is required by friends and family to bring one along with him to all festive occasions.


So here's what's in it: corn muffin mix, corn kernels, creamed corn, butter, eggs, sour cream, shredded cheese, and garlic. I added some cayenne and chili sauce (more on that later) to liven it up a bit.


Fortunately, the directions are simplicity itself. Other than melting the butter, prep consists of mixing everything together in a bowl. Check. I kept thinking as I was looking at this that it should have a half cup of milk or so, but I trusted the recipe and soldiered on.


Fully mixed together, I poured my ingredients into a glass casserole dish and applied my tribute to the guys of the Game Night Guys podcast, lovingly squeeze-lettered in Sriracha.


Having taken the necessary photo, I buried by spicy well wishes under a layer of cheese. And with that, we're ready for the over, set at 350 degrees.


And what a fine job that oven has done! Deliciously browned across the top and cooked throughout, the steaming corn casserole begs the hungry observer to risk immediate burned mouth trauma.


As always, I dive in for a corner piece. The final product is rich, full of corn flavor, and possessed of just the right moist texture. Prof. Scammington advises you to start stockpiling corn casserole ingredients immediately. Dare to prepare!

No comments: